If you are having trouble with your Windows Live Mail, then don’t panic. In this post, I will show you how to fix some of the most common Windows Live Mail issues.
Best Ways to Fix Windows live mail not working Issues
End Process and Restart
- Users must launch the Task Manager.
- Then Go to the Details tab and look for wlmail.exe.
- Click on the End task or the End Process.
- At last, users must open Windows Live Mail again and they must check if they can still encounter the windows live mail not working error.
Run as Admin in Compatibility Mode
- Go to ‘C:\Program Files\Windows Live Mail’ or ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live Mail.
- Then users must click on wlmail.exe and choose Properties.
- Next, users must go to the Compatibility tab.
- From the compatibility tab, users must choose the Run this program in compatibility mode option.
- Select Windows 7 from the list and click on Run this program as an administrator under Settings.
- Then select Apply and Press Ok
- Users must open Windows Live Mail again to check if the issue still exists or not.
Reconfigure Windows Live Mail Account
- Users may set their account settings by contacting the ISP and opening Windows Live Mail.
- Then they must go to the Accounts tab and choose the Properties option.
- Users must match the settings then and must find out whether the servers require SSL or authentication from the user’s ISP.
- And at last, users must verify the options, if the servers still need them.
Enable Firewall Access
- Users must open the Run command to enter control and launch the Control Panel.
- Then users must select the System and Security option and choose Windows Defender Firewall.
- Tick Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall.
- Once done click on Change settings
- Windows Live Communications Platform (SSDP)
- Windows Live Communications Platform (UPnP)
- Users must click on both Private and Public boxes and press Ok.
Repair Windows Essentials 2012
- Users must open the Run command and enter control.
- From the category view, users must choose Programs and then click on Uninstall a program option
- Then, Search for Windows Essentials 2012 and click on the Repair or Uninstall/Change option
- Then users must follow the instructions to repair the program.
- To apply, users must restart their PC after the process finishes.
Reinstall Windows Essentials 2012
- From the Control Panel, go to category view.
- Then, select Uninstall a Program option
- Users must search for Windows Essentials 2012 and click on Uninstall and press Yes
- Instructions are displayed on the screen, users must follow them
- Finally, users must download and run the offline installer for Windows Essentials 2012.
Launch the System Restore
- To do this, users must open the Run command and click on system protection, and select enter
- From the System Properties menu, choose the System Protection option
- Click on System Restore.
- Last, Follow the on-screen instructions properly.
Once your Windows Live Mail is reinstalled, you can try it out to make sure that it’s working as expected. For many users, however, this will be a quick fix to resolve the problem. At this point, you can now get back to sending emails using Windows Live Mail again. From all these methods users can fix windows live mail issues.